Terms and conditions
Kupele Sliac a.s. (hereinafter only “KS”) is a commercial company providing accommodation, programmes and services for restoring physical fitness, food services and medical spa treatments in health care facilities for natural persons and legal entities (hereinafter “KS’s services”).
1. These terms and conditions (hereinafter the “T&C”) govern the legal relations established between KS and clients (hereinafter the “Parties”) in connection with the provision of KS’s services. Deviation from the provisions of the T&C is possible in individual cases where the Parties agree other contractual conditions for the provision of KS’s services or conclude another written agreement or based on a unilateral declaration of KS.
2. The Parties are:
Article II.Establishment of the contractual relationship
- KS, which may enter into contractual relations with a client in its own name or through a contractual travel agency based on a written cooperation agreement, or through other third parties under a separate agreement.
- clients, who are natural persons or legal entities who have legal capacity in accordance with applicable legislation.
1. The contractual relationship between the Parties may be established:
- by a written order of a client confirmed by KS
- by payment of the price for the provision of KS’s services or payment of 50% of the price in accordance with KS’s price list with KS’s consent
- based on another bilateral legal act.
2. The conditions, content and scope of KS’s services are governed by the contract concluded between the Parties, these terms and conditions, the applicable pricelist of KS and the current range of services that KS offers.
Article III.Rights and duties of KS
1. KS is obliged:
- to provide KS’s services to the client in due and timely fashion and in the scope agreed by the Parties
- to provide the client with all necessary information on the provided services and to inform the client of any changes in the services.
2. KS has the right:
- to change the price and conditions of provided services for the reasons laid down in Article 5(3) of these T&C
- to withdraw from a contract with a client who is in material breach of the contractual conditions, or who is in gross breach of the accepted principles of morality, whose behaviour constitutes harassment or endangerment of other clients of KS, or who is in material breach of other obligations. In cases falling under the previous sentence the client is not entitled to the return of the price for KS’s services and KS shall consider any payment of the price of unused services to be a contractual fine.
- to charge a cancellation fee whose amount and conditions are in accordance with Article 8 of these T&C, unless the Parties agree otherwise.
Rights and duties of the client
1. The client has the right:
- to due and timely provision of KS’s services as contractually agreed and paid for
- to information on all matters relevant to the contractually agreed services
- to information on the change or cancellation of contractually agreed and paid for services of KS and the reasons for their change or cancellation
- to withdraw from the contract at any time prior to the start of use KS’s services subject to the conditions laid down in Article 8 of these T&C without an obligation to specify a reason
- to lodge a complaint related to provided services subject to the conditions laid down in Article 7 of these T&C
2. The client is obliged:
- to provide KS with all cooperation necessary for the due and timely provision of KS’s services and the fulfilment of KS’s other obligations to the client.
- to KS’s services in accordance with the rules for accommodation services, food services, spa services and treatment, and other rules issued by KS for the use of KS’s services
- to pay the price for contractually agreed services of KS and to accept documents from KS necessary for the use of KS’s services no later than the start date for the provision of KS’s services agreed by the Parties.
- to make use of KS’s services in a way that does not endanger or restrict other clients of KS, KS itself or any third parties, or threaten or cause injury to them or damage to their property.
- to undergo a medical inspection or consultation before making use of services that KS provides under legislation governing spa treatment, and to receive such treatment in accordance with medical instructions
The client declares that at the time of signing this contract or at the time of sending the order to KS, the client is not in bankruptcy or restructuring (no petition for bankruptcy has been lodged with a court and no judicial proceedings are ongoing) and that if the client lodges a petition for bankruptcy or restructuring relating to the client's own business, the client will inform KS of this matter no later than 5 working days from the date when the petition is lodged at the competent court. In the event of a breach of this obligation, the client must pay the service provider a contractual fine in the amount corresponding to the unpaid part of the invoices for the provision of services by KS. This shall be without prejudice to claims for compensation for damages.Article V.
Prices and Terms and Conditions of Payment
1. The prices for KS’s services are determined by KS’s price list and the current range of KS’s services at the moment of establishment of the contractual relationship between the Parties.
2. KS is entitled to change the price of provided services after the establishment of the contractual relationship between the Parties only if the change takes place at least 30 days before the start date for the provision of KS’s services agreed by the Parties and the reason for the change is one of the following:
- a change in legislation that affects the price or the conditions for the provision of services
- a change by more than 5% in transport costs
- a change by more than 5% in the euro exchange rate used to determine the price of individual services of KS
- a change by more than 5% in energy costs
- a change by more than 10% in other input costs for the provided services compared to the prices or costs in effect at the issue date of the applicable price list for KS’s services. This does not apply if the client has paid KS 100% of the price for KS’s services prior to KS’s decision to amend the price of its services in accordance with the above. Payment of the price for KS’s services means the crediting of the funds to KS’s account or payment in cash received by KS.
3. If there is a change in the price or conditions of provided services, KS must inform the client in writing of the change and the reason for it no later than 30 days before the start date for the provision of KS’s services agreed by the Parties, otherwise the change in effective in relation to the client. The duty to inform the client in accordance with this provision of the terms and conditions is satisfied if KS sends a written notice of the change in the price and the reason for the change to the client’s address as known to KS at least 30 days before the start date for the provision of KS’s services agreed by the Parties.
4. The client must pay the price for the provision of KS’s services at the latest on the start date for the provision of KS’s services agreed by the Parties otherwise KS will be entitled to refuse to provide the services to the client and in this case the client is not entitled to reimbursement of any incurred costs or compensation for damages. For the purposes of these T&C, payment of the price for KS’s services means the crediting of the funds to KS’s account or payment in cash received by KS.Article VI.
Change and cancellation of KS’s agreed services
1. The scope and conditions for the provision of KS’s services are determined by KS’s price list, the current range of services offered by KS, the rules of accommodation services, therapeutic services, food services, spa services and other rules issued by KS in force at the moment when the Parties entered into the contract.
2. KS has the right to make changes in the scope and conditions for the provision of the services only of its own will having regard for changes in applicable legislation and the customary standards for the provision of the same or similar services.
3. Where necessary as a result of events outside its control or other severe objective causes, or as a result of necessary technical or other stoppages, or in the event that KS decides to renovate the buildings in which the services are provided in order to extend the range of services provided or increase their quality, KS is entitled to change or, in particularly serious cases, cancel its provision of the contractually agreed services and may do so also during the period when the client is using the services. In this case KS undertakes to ensure that the reductions in the scope and duration of the services contractually agreed with the client are kept to the minimum and in such cases the client also has the option to withdraw from the contract with effect from the date of delivery to KS of the client's notice of withdrawal. In this case the client is exempt from the provisions of Article 8 of these T&C concerning cancellation fees.
4. KS undertakes to inform the client of the reason for the change in the provided services or for their cancellation without undue delay on becoming aware of the circumstances, and also undertakes to propose a solution for the resulting situation.
5. A change is not deemed to have taken place in the contractually agreed conditions if the client's accommodation unit is changed where such a change is necessary for objective or operational reasons and the client is given an alternative to the agreed accommodation that is of the same or a higher category; nor if there is a change in the timetable of the provided services where objective conditions make it impossible to comply with the agreed timetable and the client is offered a new timetable of the same or similar quality with an equal or larger scope of services.
1. If the quality or the scope of services in particular cases does not conform to the conditions agreed by the Parties, or the usual conditions for provision of the same or similar services, the client is entitled to lodge a complaint against KS’s services.
2. The client must exercise the right to lodge a complaint against defective services provided by KS without delay after their provision at the location where the services were provided to the person providing the service for KS or KS’s manager for the relevant area so that the defect can be remedied without undue delay. KS will not recognise complaints that are lodged late.
3. If a complaint is justified, KS must remedy the defect in the service, provide a repeat of the service or an alternative for the client or provide an appropriate discount on the price in accordance with applicable legislation.
4. If it is not possible to deal with the complaint or agree a remedy immediately, KS must write a complaint report together with the client including the identification of the complaining client and the subject-matter of the complaint. The report must be signed by both Parties and KS undertakes to inform the client of the results of the investigation of the complaint and the method for resolving it within 30 days.Article VIII.
1. The conditions for the provision of services agreed by the Parties in accordance with these T&C are valid and effective for the Parties from the moment of establishment of the contractual relationship specified in Article 2 of these T&C. If the client withdraws from the contract for reasons on their side, they must pay KS a contractual fine (cancellation fee). The fee is based on the number of days remaining until the start date for the provision of KS’s services agreed by the Parties, as follows:
- 31 days or more before the start date for the provision of the services – 20% of the price agreed for the services
- 30-21 days before the start date for the provision of the services – 50% of the price agreed for the services
- 20-10 days before the start date for the provision of the services – 70% of the price agreed for the services
- 9 or fewer days before the start date for the provision of the services – 100% of the price agreed for the services
2. If the client voluntarily does not use the agreed services, KS will withdraw from the agreement for reasons under Article 3(2)(2) of these T&C, the client will not be entitled to any compensation and the matter will be deemed withdrawal from the contract 9 or fewer days before the start date for the provision of the services, which means that the client is obliged to pay KS a contractual fine (cancellation fee) equal to 100% of the agreed price of the services.Article IX.
Definition of the contract, terms
1. These T&C are applicable in full unless the contract specifies otherwise. Deviations from conditions and any other agreement are valid only if agreed in written form.
2. If any of the following terms appear in a contract or these T&C, they have the meaning specified as follows:
- VOUCHER means a document issued by a business partner based on which KS provides services in accordance with the contract. The voucher must include the following information:
- identification of the document as a "Voucher", "Gutschein" or "Order"
- the precise name (identification) and full postal address of the business partner or travel agency that issued the voucher
- the name of the client (if it is an individual voucher for one person) and a description of the action or information on the group number (in the case of a group voucher)
- the number of persons
- information that the voucher was issued for the benefit of KS
- the value of the voucher, stating the scope of the ordered services and the sum in EUR or a foreign currency in accordance with the applicable price list for KS's services (hotel category, type of board, other services)
- the signature of the issuer and their stamp, which can be replaced by a company letterhead
- the place and date of issue
- CLIENT means the person to whom KS should provide services
- GROUP, for the purposes of these T&C, means a group of clients with at least 10 persons having the same arrival and departure dates
- SERVICE means the set of spa treatments and other spa and hotel services that a business partner or client uses and KS provides, which KS has confirmed in writing
- KS means KÚPELE SLIAČ a.s., 962 31 SLIAČ
- BUSINESS PARTNER means a domestic or foreign travel agency or tour operator or another organisation with which KS has concluded a contract and which orders the offered services
- FACILITIES means spa, medical, hotel or therapeutic facilities owned by KS whose names are included in the applicable price list.
General contraindications and refusal of service provision
1. Spa treatment and residence at KS cannot be provided in the following cases:
- all human communicable diseases and bacterial infections
- clinical indications of circulatory failure or malignant arrhythmia
- activity of a rheumatoid inflammatory process (acute rheumatic fever or infectious endocarditis)
- severe chronic heart failure (class IV of the NYHA classification)
- severe unstable angina
- atrioventricular conduction disorders (second and third degree AV block) unless a pacemaker is implanted
- recurrent pulmonary embolism
- severe inflammatory or trophic skin defects
- lack of self-sufficiency in basic daily activities (dressing, eating, movement) – in such cases the client must have personal assistance
- frequent recurrence of profuse bleeding
- sphincter deficiency (inability to retain urine and faeces)
- severe metabolic disorders (unstable uncompensated diabetes, kidney or liver failure)
- malignant tumours undergoing treatment and after treatment if there are clinically detectable signs of disease progression
- epilepsy, except in cases where no fit has occurred in the last three years
- active attacks or fits of psychosis or other mental illnesses
- addiction or dependency on drugs or alcohol
2. 2. KS is entitled to refuse to provide treatment if an examination of the client identifies any symptoms of the contraindications under (1).
3. KS will provide a client with symptoms of the contraindications under (1) and (2) with services necessary on a humanitarian basis in the scope and for the period required for handling formalities connected with the refusal of the client and their departure from the spa facilities. The provision of these services will be covered from the applicable voucher, or paid for by the client in cash on an individual basis.Article XI.Arbitration clause
1. The Parties undertake that disputes arising from the agreement will preferentially be resolved by an amicable settlement. If an amicable settlement cannot be reached, the Parties have agreed, in accordance with Act No 244/2002 on arbitration, as amended, that all disputes that arise or have arisen between them from this Contract or in connection with it, including disputes about it its validity, interpretation or termination will be heard and decided in arbitration proceedings before the arbitration court, “Rozhodcovský súd pri SLOVENSKEJ ARBITRÁŽNEJ KOMORE ZZPO”, registered office V.P. Tótha 1081/17, 960 01 Zvolen, IČO: 45 745 056 in accordance with the rules of procedure of this arbitration court. The parties undertake to abide by any decision of this court and its decisions shall be binding for the Parties with final effect.
1. In the following, “force majeure” means events that relieve a party of responsibility that are extraordinary events that temporarily or permanently prevent the fulfilment of obligations resulting from the contract and which occur after its conclusion and which could not be prevented by either Party.
2. Force majeure will not apply in the case of circumstances that arise as a result of the personal or economic circumstances of a Party or obstacles that a Party has undertaken to eliminate or overcome, e.g. a failure to obtain an official permit necessary for a Party's performance and circumstances that arise when a Party is late in performing their obligations.
General informationADDITIONAL PAYMENTS AND SURCHARGES
An unoccupied bed in a twin-bedded room + 25% of the price of accommodation.
Baby cot EUR 10 / stay.
Relocation requested by the client, EUR 10.
Parking (non-stop monitoring by camera system) EUR 1.50 / day.
Reservation of a chosen room EUR 30 / room / stay.
Late check out – from 10:00 to 16:00 EUR 20.
A mobile additional bed can be installed in selected rooms free of charge.
Children under 3 are not entitled to a free bed.
Children from 3 to 18 years have free accommodation if using a folding bed and a 30% discount for half portions of food, unless agreed otherwise for the stay.
Children from 3 to 18 years pay full price for hotel accommodation with a fixed bed and a 30% discount for half portions of food, unless agreed otherwise for the stay.
Spa treatments and spa stays are provided only for persons over 18 years of age.DISCOUNTS
5% for residents who purchase procedures at the spa in addition to their stay package.
10% early reservation discount applies only to Standard and Retro category rooms and only for the reservation of packages arranged directly by spa Sliac. It does not apply to hotel accommodation.
15% loyalty discount applies only to Standard and Retro category rooms and only for the reservation of packages arranged directly by spa Sliac.
It does not apply to hotel accommodation.
Discounts cannot be combined.
Check in 14:00.
Check out 10:00.
Late check out* to 16:00.
* This service is provided for a charge and depends upon the availability of the room. The charge is specified in the section on additional payments and surcharges.SEASONS
Main season 01/05/2017 – 31/10/2017
Off-season 01/01/2017 – 30/04/2017 and 01/11/2017 – 31/12/2017FOOD SERVICES
Dining room for health insurance clients, EUR 4.00 continental breakfast, EUR 5.00 lunch or dinner – choice of 3 set meals + drink
Dining room for self-payers, EUR 5.50 breakfast buffet, EUR 5.50 lunch, dinner – choice of 4 set meals + salad bar + drink
Full board – breakfast, lunch, dinner
Half board – breakfast, dinner
On changing full board to half board a discount of EUR 3 will be provided per day of treatment.
To change dinner for lunch there is an additional charge of EUR 1 per day of treatment (half board only).
Drinks are provided for both full and half board A diet nurse is available for consultation on diet management Change of board / dining room in stay packages: + / - EUR 3 per person per night.SPA TREATMENTS
Spa treatments are provided in spa buildings I and II from Monday to Saturday.
On Sundays and public holidays a limited range of spa treatments is available. The spa buildings are 250 m from Spa Hotel Palace***.MEDICAL CARE
Spa treatments are recommended by a doctor based on the patient's health condition if procedures have not been precisely specified for the spa stay.
Control checks are carried out during stays longer than 14 days.
The spa has a 24-hour medical service.
To improve health diagnosis in the event of an unexpected worsening of health, it is recommended that clients bring their medical records with them.OTHER INFORMATION
The spa accepts reservations in writing or by telephone.
Confirmation must be provided in written form (fax, e-mail, post).
Pets are not admitted.
The spa accepts the following payment cards: Maestro, MasterCard, VISA, Diners Club, JCB International, ZBK
Partners: Le Cheque Dejeuner: universal gift voucher CADHOC, CADHOC Relax,
Holiday voucher CHEQUE VACANCES, health voucher CHEQUE MEDICAL, Sphere, Edenred (TICKET MULTI)INVOICE DATA
KUPELE SLIAC a.s., 962 31 Sliac
Org. ID: 31 642 438
VAT ID No: SK 2020477096
Registered in the Companies Register of Banska Bystrica District Court, Section Sa, Entry 316/S
BANK DETAILSInternational payments
Vseobecna uverova banka, a.s.,
Account number: 1564247054/0200
IBAN: SK44 0200 0000 0015 6424 7054